Yes this could be the nightmare you have before you go on your interview. But to play it safe here are some pre-interview tips you can use to help you through.
- Dress For Success! First impressions are formed within the first 15-30 seconds of an interview. For men you need to wear a dark suit, long sleeved dress shirt, conservative tie, dark socks and shoes. Make sure your hair is well groomed and not to wear too much cologne. For women dress conservatively in dark colors. A tailored pant suit, jacket and skirt, or a dress. Wear dark dress shoes with 1-3 inch heel in good condition. Make sure your hair and nails are well-groomed.
- Interview Questions. Expect questions about your professional background and experience. There could be questions about personal goals and achievements. Other questions would include General Interest, Educational Experience, Job-Specific and personal experience. Have a friend interview you with these types of questions in mind.
- Interview The Interviewer. Don't be afraid to ask the interviewer questions. You need to learn about the job. Things like Educational Experience, General Company Questions, Career Growth and Job Expectations.
- Be Yourself. Putting on a show is not what the interviewer is looking for. They want to see the real you. Show them your personality not someone else. If you feel this might not be the right job for you then it probably isn't and you should just walk away.
- Testing Anxiety? Many people under stress will terrify easily when asked to take a skills test during an interview. Don't worry! A good night's sleep, positive thinking, careful reading and double checking will get you through the test.